Peachtree Road was organized on April 28, 1925 in the home of Dr. and Mrs. M.T. Salter. Peachtree was founded as The Peachtree Road Methodist Church and The Reverend E.H. Wood was named first pastor. At that first meeting, nineteen people entered their membership in Peachtree Road. In May 1925, the new church purchased a lot at the corner of Peachtree Road and Sardis Way. The first public service was held there on June 7, 1925, as was the first Sunday School meeting at Peachtree Road.
Peachtree Road also hosts an active season of performances by visiting musicians and ensembles and has counted itself as one of Atlanta's finest musical venues for over 25 years.